if statement - When to use "if" and "when" in Clojure? -


when 1 better other? 1 faster other or difference return of false or nil?

use if when have 1 truthy , 1 falsy case , don't need implicit do block. in contrast, when should used when have handle truthy case , implicit do. there no difference in speed, it's matter of using idiomatic style.

 (if (my-predicate? my-data)      (do-something my-data)      (do-something-else my-data))   (when (my-predicate? my-data)      (do-something my-data)      (do-something-additionally my-data)) 

in if case, do-something run if my-predicate? returns truthy result, whereas in when case, both do-something , do-something-additionally executed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - Submit Form Data without Reloading page -

linux - Rails running on virtual machine in Windows -

php - $params->set Array between square bracket -